About Beta Bionics
Beta Bionics, Inc. is a medical technology company dedicated to bringing innovative type 1 diabetes management solutions to the many, not the few. We are committed to bringing better access to better solutions – and a better life for those living with diabetes – with the world’s first bionic pancreas called the iLet. The iLet Bionic Pancreas is the first and only insulin delivery system that does not require carb counting*, bolusing, correction factors, or pre-set basal rates. The only number needed to get started with the iLet Bionic Pancreas is a user’s weight – the iLet does the rest. The iLet lets users “Go Bionic” with their diabetes management.
Beta Bionics is a public benefit corporation. This means we are a for-profit company with obligations to serve both our public benefit mission and shareholders’ interests. Beta Bionics is also a certified B Corporation; and as such accountable to operate with high standards of transparency, sustainability and accountability to our customers, employees, business partners, society, and the environment.
Successful candidates will be working with highly experienced colleagues, who are amongst the best in their fields. We have a mission-driven, passionate and collaborative culture where you will have a high degree of empowerment and opportunity to make a significant impact.
Please contact us if you fit the profile below and if you are interested in joining the Beta Bionics team!
*User must be carb aware.
The Office Manager is responsible for:
- Managing the San Diego office.
- Administrative assistant to the CEO and CFO.
- Various HR, legal, and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Reports to the CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
[Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified candidates who need a reasonable accommodation with the application process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position should notify the company’s HR contact]
- Administrative assistant for the CEO and CFO including travel planning, meeting scheduling, drafting presentation materials, following up on key deliverables and action items, expense reporting, purchasing, summarizing content, and various other duties as assigned.
- Travel and expense reporting assistance for the other C-level employees: Chief Medical Officer, Board Chair, Chief Product Officer, and others as assigned.
- Schedules Board of Director and Board Committee meetings. Assists with preparation of documents/presentations and drafting the meeting minutes. Organize board deliverables, minutes, and past communications in a file sharing software.
- Maintain ongoing reports, databases, trackers, and organizes drives/files as needed.
- Partner with the Legal department to maintain company licenses, certificates, and permits (i.e. business license, manufacturing license, business tax certificate, etc.).
- Manage the San Diego office including furnishing the space, replenishing food and beverages, maintenance and janitorial coordination, office supplies, planning celebrations to honor employees' birthdays and special occasions, IT support, and generally having a positive presence in the office.
- Various HR responsibilities as assigned.
- Administration of the employee High Five program.
- Offering support to other departments when bandwidth permits.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Operates with high standards that are aligned to Certified B-Corp values.
- Consider the beneficiaries of Beta Bionics’ Public Benefit Mission with all actions and decisions.
Required Education and Experience
- B.A. degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Attention to detail. The person who takes thorough notes, rechecks their work, and cares about the little things.
- Passionate about doing quality work. The person who takes personal pride in doing great work, even when it’s not always recognized.
- Fast. The person who thinks fast, is good with technology, works fast, and gets annoyed when communication isn’t concise.
- Highly organized. Prioritize, balance, and manage a variety of simultaneous projects effectively to successful, timely completion.
- Adaptive communicator. Interact daily with a wide variety of individuals and situations that require tact, discretion, diplomacy, sensitivity, confidentiality, creativity, and accountability.
- Writing. The person who can communicate clearly and concisely in written form.
- Kind. This one speaks for itself.
- Fun. The person who has a sense of humor and makes Beta Bionics a more enjoyable place for everyone to work.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and scanners.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with co-workers.
- In office in San Diego five (5) days per week
$65,000 - $85,000
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- FSA and HSA Plan Options, including an annual company contribution to the HSA
- 401(k) program with employer match
- Generous vacation accrual and paid holiday schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Beta Bionics to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Beta Bionics will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.